Do not trust people. They are capable of greatness.
New forum topics
Border Days coming up
Murmansk authorities are polishing an agenda of the oncoming event. Find a draft programme below.
Border Cooperation Days will be held in the bordering town of Nikel, the Pechenga district of the Murmansk region on November 01-02.
Organisational responsibilities are shared by the Economic Ministry, SIVA and Barents Secretariat. The event planning committee is headed by first deputy governor Aleksey Tyukavin.
So far, the party planners have come up with a draft agenda [presented below] that suggests a conference, an exhibition and field trips around the border area on the Russia’s side; a concert of local performers will crown the programme.
The event initiated by the Murmansk regional government comes along with the federal plan of activities on "Creation of favourable legal, trade, economic and other terms for the sake of intensification of Norwegian-Russian border cooperation in 2011-2015".
The draft agenda (as of August 28) reads as follows:
Thursday, 1 November
11-00 hall: Registration of conference participants. Coffee
Opening of the exhibition: investment projects in the development plan of Nikel
12-00 hall, 2nd floor: The official opening of the conference
Welcoming words by:
12-00 Marina Kovtun, Murmansk governor
12-10 Irina Neverova, head of Pechenga district
12-15 Runar Sjåstad, county mayor, Finnmark County
12-25 Øyvind Nordsletten, the Norwegian Consul General in Murmansk
12-30 Mikhail Noskov, Russia's Consul General in Kirkenes, Norway
12-40 Cecilie Hansen, Mayor of Sor-Varanger commune
- "Implementation of measures to intensify the Russian-Norwegian border cooperation. Effective collaboration of the federal government, regional authorities and local self-government in matters of cross-border cooperation ", by a representative of the Ministry of Regional Development of Russia.
- "Customs operations related to personal goods transported across the customs border of the Customs Union and in accordance with the Agreement between the Government of the Russian Federation and the Government of the Kingdom of Norway concerning the facilitation of mutual trips of citizens in the border areas of Norway in Russia: analysis of the data dynamics on movement of goods across the customs border ", by a representative of Murmansk Customs.
- "Participation of Norwegian companies in construction activities done by Kolskaya mining company [KGMK] in the framework of strategic investment projects including the development of KGMK», by a representative of KGMK.
- "Organization of health services in border areas during emergencies and disasters," by a representative of the Ministry of Health in the Murmansk Region / a representative of the Department of Health in Northern Norway.
- "Collaboration between industry and government in tourism development in the border areas," by representatives of business associations of Russia and Norway.
14-00, hall: The official opening of the exhibition. Guided tour around the exhibition. Coffee break (lunch)
15-00, hall, 2nd floor: The conference is to be continued
- "Development of the border station" by a representative of North-West administratiion of Rosgranitsa.
- "Reconstruction of Storskog border station - status and perspectives", by a representative of the Norwegian customs.
- "Implementation of the municipal program on tourism development in Nikel", by a representative of Nikel administration.
- "Norwegian experience in sea fishery tourism and possibilities for the bordering area in the Murmansk region", by a representative of Fishery and Aquaculture Association of Norway / Sor-Varanger authorities.
- "Development of small and medium enterprises in the border area," by representatives of the Russian and Norwegian companies.
- "Presentation of NGO Active Nikel by a company’s representative.
- "Results of SIVA’a activities in development of Russian-Norwegian economic cooperation in the Murmansk region. Further plans", by Sergey Shuvalov, a SIVAIM’s representative.
- "Presentation of the investment project on construction of the logistics terminal located 20km away from the Russian-Norwegian border" by a representative of Nikel Administration.
- "Presentation of the investment project on establishment of the visitors’ center for State Nature Reserve Pasvik" by a representative of Pasvik.
Friday, November 2
Field seminar 1 on development of cross-border tourism (in the framework of realization of the investment plan of Nikel)
10-00: Visit to Trifon monastery in Luostari, Pechenga district.
Seminar on development of cross-border tourism at the hotel located near the monastery.
Field seminar 2 on development of aquaculture cooperation (in the framework of the signed protocol on cooperation between Murmansk and the Finnmark County Council as of March 15, 2012)
9-00: Departure to Liinakhamari village
11-00: Tour around Liinakhamari
12-30: Lunch at the office of "Russky Losos" fishing company
13-30 till 16-30: Seminar on development of cooperation in aquaculture